Skip to content

Fully Operational

by C. Ross Jam on September 1, 2017

Peyote Substrate

Wasn’t all that difficult, but I got my peyote substrate sketch working again. The only interesting thing I discovered is that the Python cairocffi module doesn’t work particularly well with pygame surfarrays. cairocffi has this weird bit where it stashes data buffers in an internal cache to help finalize external data garbage collection. Unfortunately, this conflicts with pygame’s locking of Surfaces before blitting to the screen. Switching back to pycairo was the resolution.

Anyhoo, debugging the issue forced a reintroduction with peyote. The codebase is surprisingly although a bit hackish. It’ll be fun to clean it up, modernize it, and generate some new sketches.

From → Uncategorized

No comments yet

Leave a Reply